CCCA Code of Ethics
Adopted May 15, 2008
The Communications Cable & Connectivity Association ("CCCA" or the "Association") adopts the following Code of Ethics to promote the highest ethical and moral standards of professional conduct in the Communications industry. Each member of the Association agrees to abide by this Code of Ethics as a condition of membership in CCCA. The Association intends that this Code of Ethics be interpreted and enforced reasonably, fairly, and objectively.
I. PRINCIPLES OF ETHICS
These Principles of Ethics are aspired goals of professional conduct for all members of the Association.
All members of the Communications Cable and Connectivity Association pledge to aspire to the following:
- To adhere to a standard of excellence, as commonly understood in the industry, in designing, manufacturing, producing, packaging, promoting, marketing, selling, and distributing.
- To maintain and service all accounts efficiently and professionally.
- To monitor technological developments to assure availability of the highest quality product and the imposition of the most stringent standards within the communications industry.
- To impose strict quality controls throughout the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing process.
- To represent and market all products and services fairly and accurately.
- To adhere to all relevant product performance, safety, environmental, code, and listing requirements that are required to properly manufacture, sell, market, and distribute products and services in today’s global business environment.
- To protect and enhance the environment and the health and safety of their employees, their customers’ employees, consumers, and the general environment through the safe and responsible use and disposal of potentially hazardous substances.
- To monitor technologies for reducing energy requirements for processes and products and to strive to implement those that prove to be effective in reducing consumption and costs.
- To always be guided by a spirit of justice, honor, and fairness within their communities and in all dealings with other members of the Communications industry and with associated industries.
- Each of these pledges shall be read so as to be consistent with and not conflict with existing legal obligations, including but not limited to, applicable antitrust laws.
II. RULES OF ETHICS
These Rules of Ethics provide mandatory and specific standards of minimally acceptable professional conduct for all members of the Association. These Rules of Ethics are enforceable by the Association under the procedures in Section III of this Code, which is provided to members only.
Members of the Communications Cable and Connectivity Association shall:
- Manufacture, produce, and supply products and services in compliance with applicable industry standards, test specifications and operating procedures as prescribed by the American Society for Testing Materials, the Telecommunications Industry Association, the IEEE, IEC/ISO, other standard-setting organizations recognized generally in the industry and/or local, state, or federal contracting authorities, as applicable.
- Maintain quality control and testing procedures for products and services to ensure that required standards and specifications have been met and are accurately reflected.
- Assure that all product and promotional information, including statements designed or which can be interpreted to describe the properties or performance of the product, are accurate and are not misleading.
- Adhere to the procedures and policies required by third party listing organizations when products require such authorized test certifications and marks.
- Comply with all laws and regulations relating to the manufacture and distribution of products, including applicable antitrust, occupational safety and health and environmental laws and regulations and the applicable provisions of the National Conference on Weights and Measures.