Effective January 2022
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name and email address.
By visiting www.cccassoc.org or related properties, (together the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Notice.
REVISIONS TO THIS NOTICE
From time to time, we may amend this Notice by posting it to the Site. Your continued use of the Site and our services following the posting of any changes shall constitute your acceptance of the revised Notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is CCCA.
CCCA Executive Director, David Kiddoo, is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Notice for the purposes of the GDPR.
You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that you give us
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion with us at our trade show booths, sign up for our email newsletter, participate in our online surveys, quizzes, raffles, social media discussion boards or other social media functions, register for CCCA presentations, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, company name, company address, job title, email address, phone number.
How we collect Personal Data
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We employ “cookies” to collect information about you and your usage of the website. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer and collects information about how you use our website. We also gather information about your individual use of our services, such as types of data accessed, times and volume of use, duration of sessions and other similar usage or system data. We cannot use this technical non-personally identifiable information to identify you personally. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not share your data with third parties. We will only process your Personal Data where (1) you have provided your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests. Such legitimate interest purposes may include:
- updating your information and preferences
- offering and improving our services
- fraud prevention
- ensuring network and information security
- indicating possible criminal acts or threats to public security, including enhancing protection of our community against spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime, and security risks of all kinds, and enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of our Terms and Conditions
- when we are complying with legal obligations
- processing employee or visitor, member, attendee, or registrant data
- performing the function or service you requested of us
- the relevant and appropriate relationship we have with you
- analytics, e.g., assess the number of visitors, page views, use of the Site, etc., in order to understand how our Site and services are being used, to optimize the Site and/or future communications, and to develop new services and Site features
- enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms and Conditions
Personal Data that you give us
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- to respond to your questions and provide related services;
- to organize events that you have registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide you with information about other events, and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already participated in, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
Required Disclosures: Except as otherwise described in this Notice, we will not disclose your Personal Data to any third party unless required to do so by law, court order, legal process, or subpoena, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, subsidiaries, contracted vendors, or affinity partners, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; (b) assist government enforcement agencies or to meet national security requirements; (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Website, our Services, or any software we provide related thereto; or, (d) exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of us, our users or others.
We will attempt to notify you about these requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon us, our users, our Site, or our services. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that user about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no risk scenarios described in this paragraph apply.
It is likely that the identity and categories of such third parties will change during the life of your account. We require that our third-party service providers only use your Personal Data as necessary to provide the requested services to us and each service provider is subject to a set of terms consistent with the applicable portions of this Notice.
SELLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will never sell your Personal Data to third parties.
Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse, or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications, or services nor any association with their operators. CCCA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site that you link from our Service.
If you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, special features, announcements, or offers.
By providing us with your email address (including by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to our Website or Service or other services, etc., on a third-party website or network), you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices by email, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail.
Your European Rights
FOR EUROPEAN RESIDENTS ONLY. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes by contacting us using the Contact Us section on our Site.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
If we make any material changes to this Notice or the way we use, share, or collect personal Data, we will notify you by revising the “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice. Any changes we make to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.